Red Hat, Inc.
Senior Software Engineer, UXD
Sketch Adobe XD HTML SCSS Git OSS
- Senior Software Engineer
- December 2018 - Present
- July 2016 - December 2018
As a Senior Software Engineer on the User Experience Design team, I am responsible for creating user flows, wireframes, mockups, and proof-of-concepts for a variety of products and websites across the company. I am a core contributor to the PatternFly design system and was the lead designer and developer of the Red Hat Developer Design Manual.
- UX Designer, OpenShift
- designer/developer, developers.redhat.com
- designer/developer, Red Hat Developer Design Manual
- interaction designer, Red Hat Managed Integration (Integreatly)
- Core Contributer to PatternFly
- designer/developer, kubevirt.io
Vice President, Design
Sketch Adobe XD HTML SCSS Wireframes
- Vice President
- November 2010 - Present
Visual Designer & Developer
- November 2010 - December 2013
- January 2003 - June 2008
Designed and implemented a redesign of an internal financial accounting website, which interacted directly with construction software and daily database updates. Created presentations for senior management in order to demonstrate the full design concepts and gather feedback on direction and feasibility of designs.
- Worked on mobile-first web applications and data input tools for personal inventory systems and portfolios.
- Created and implemented a redesign of an internal financial accounting website utilizing HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Bootstrap 2 & Bootstrap 3 frameworks
- Part of design team from initial conception to finished product – creation of wireframes, photoshop designs, test sites and integration of data
- PHP Development on Desktop and Mobile Browsers
- Built, managed and maintained an internal IIS 7.0 environment
- DMS maintenance and creation – Joomla and Drupal
User Experience Designer
Photoshop Visual studio HTML CSS Agile
- November 2014 - July 2016
As a User Experience Designer, I lead the design and user research for the Account360 and Card360 platforms, working with a team of developers to improve product usability. Our primary focus was to provide a easy to use and manageable interfaces for the financial industry, utilizing standards from across the industry.
- lead designer, Account360 & Card360 platforms
- lead designer, product refreshes/corporate presentations & sales demonstrations
- created system for ux prototyping and usability testing
- developer, html/css for use in asp.net applications
- created styleguide/css framework for corporate products
Black Duck Software
UI Software Engineer
HTML CSS/LESS Bootstrap Agile Git
- February 2013 - October 2014
As a UI Software Engineer, I worked with the development and design teams to turn the visual designs into working applications.
- developer, software inventory and management system
- created/developed wireframes/templates/mockups with UX Designer and UI Architect
- developed/tested initial phases of mobile/tablet design framework
- daily scrum/agile development practices
Conservation Services Group
Help Desk Analyst
JIRA DevOps Ubuntu RHEL VMs
- June 2008 - November 2010
Managed and administered IT Help Desk system while maintaining and active system for automated email responses and user-focused ticketing system.
- Managed and administered IT Help Desk System (Spiceworks)
- Managed and administered Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0
- Administered FTP Server and FTP account using SuSE 9 and Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
- Created and managed POP3 mail servers on Ubuntu for JIRA
- Implemented SFTP Server using RHEL 5.4
- Populated applications through Citrix; managed access to applications through AD security groups and settings
- Assisted with VMware 4.0 configurations on Linux Servers
- Assisted Senior Systems Engineer and Senior Network Engineer with daily administrative tasks in Active Directory and Exchange 2007